Nancy Robert has a Christmas Wish List aimed at putting a smile on the faces of people in need.
The number one item on her wish list? People like you and me.
“We’re looking to increase volunteer support as services increase.” The boutique is open Mondays and Wednesdays. She would like to open a third day each week, preferably Friday. (Click here to volunteer.)
Here’s the rest of her Christmas Wish List:
- Bedding including warm blankets, sheets, comforters, pillows and pillow cases.
- Towels and washcloths.
- Toiletries, primarily shampoo, toothpaste, tooth brushes, soap, deodorant, toilet paper, lotion/moisturizer for dry skin, Tylenol.
- Warm coats - men, women, children.
- Winter boots - men, women, children.
- Warm socks - men, women, children.
- Hats, gloves - men, women, children.
- Underwear - men, women, children.
- Bras - all sizes (new only).
- Preschool toys, educational toys, puzzles for all ages.
- Flashlights with batteries.
“I know this list is large,” Nancy says. “Whatever we receive, we so appreciate and so do the patrons.”
There is one more thing on her list: Chocolate candy.
Simply put: “Everyone loves chocolate. It really warms the heart and puts a smile on faces.”